- Two paired (identical) 2.5″ SATA devices
- Oxford 936DS chipset with eSATA, FW800(1394B), and USB 2.0
- 2 x 250GB* Mercury Electra™ 3G SSD**
- *1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending upon operating environment (typically 5-10% less). The actual total capacity will depend on your own defined file settings/preferences.**OWC reserves the right to replace or upgrade to equivalent or better components.
Maximum Data Transfer Rate
- eSATA – 3.0Gbps (or 300MB/sec)
- FireWire 800 – 800Mbps (or 100MB/sec)
- USB 2.0 – 480Mbps (or 60MB/sec)
- Can I use this solution as an external startup drive?
- eSATA: Supported on Macs and PC’s meeting minimum requirements.
- FireWire 800: Supported on Macs and PC’s meeting minimum requirements.
- USB 2.0: Supported on Macs and PC’s meeting minimum requirements.
Macintosh System Requirements
- Mac OS 8.6 to 9.2.2 compatible, OS X 10.1.x and later. Including ‘Mavericks’ 10.9.x (10.2 or later required for FW800 and USB 2.0)
- eSATA: Macintosh with eSATA interface, either built in or via PCI eSATA card.
- FireWire 800: Macintosh with FireWire 800 interface, either built in or via PCI FireWire 800 card.
- USB 2.0: Macintosh with USB 2.0 interface, either built in or via PCI USB 2.0 card.
- Time Machine® Compatible: Mac OS X 10.5 (version introduced) and later.
Windows System Requirements
- Windows ME and later.
- Windows 2000 or later required for FW800 Operation.
- Linux compatible via supported USB and FireWire interfaces.