The Cisco WAP2000-G5 Wireless-G Access Point is ideal for small businesses that want to expand their existing wired networks or create new wireless networks for their workforce or guests. It features RangeBooster technology that is comparable to standard 802.11g but with nearly twice the range and with throughput that is up to 35 percent faster. The Cisco WAP2000-G5 can be powered from the included AC adapter or from a Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch via Ethernet cabling, enabling it to be mounted in ceilings or high on walls where power outlets may not be available.
The WAP2000 is a Wireless Access Point ideal for small businesses that want to expand their existing wired networks or create new wireless networks for the workforce or guests. It features RangeBooster technology that is compatible to standard 802.11g but with a range up to two times farther and throughput by up to 35 faster. Unlike ordinary wireless technologies that are hampered by wireless signals that reflect off walls, ceilings, and other objects, RangeBooster uses these multiple signals with two smart receivers at each end (router or access point and client adapter) to boost range and throughput speeds. As a result, a RangeBooster solution reduces or eliminates wireless signal deadspots in offices and other buildings so users can connect to the network in more areas. The WAP2000 comes with 3 dBi antennas for increased power, also helping to extend the range of the Access Point.
From the Manufacturer
Simple, Powerful Wireless Access. Creating or expanding a wireless network is now as easy as plugging in an Ethernet cord. Formerly Linksys Business Series, now Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points, the WAP2000 Wireless-G Access Point is ideal for small businesses looking for robust wireless access. Its RangeBooster technology outputs a signal up to twice as far as standard 802.11g, with reduced dead spots and improved throughput up to 35 percent. The WAP2000 can be powered either through a standard AC adapter or via its Power over Ethernet (PoE) function, which allows the unit to be placed high on walls or in ceilings where no outlet is available.
Expanding your network with Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points is an easy way to connect staff, whether they’re onsite or remote, to your business operations.
Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points support:
- Connectivity: Now employees can securely access network resources from places that were previously out of range. The reach and signal quality of Cisco Wireless Access Points go beyond that of a standard wireless connection so you can provide stronger connections from further away.
- Security: Standards and encryption protocols keep Cisco Wireless Access Points just as secure as a wired network.
- Performance: Cisco Small Business Wireless Access Points offer the fastest speeds possible with expanded range and coverage–a transparent extension of your wired network.
- Ease-of-use: Web-based configuration tools make it easy for you to install the router and set up your network devices. Getting your business online with your new Cisco device isn’t a complex process at all.
- Supports Power over Ethernet connectivity on its single 10BASE-T/100-BASETX Ethernet port
- Supported Wireless Standards: 802.11g, 802.11b
- Maximum connectivity coverage
- Increased connection stability and performance
- Supports advanced wireless security protocols WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA-ENT, and WPA2-ENT authentication
- The ability to connect wired and wireless communication devices, allowing you to expand your network operations and keep employees productive
- A choice of Wireless-N (300 Mbps) or Wireless-G (54 Mbps) connectivity, depending on your performance requirements
- RangeBooster and MIMO technology, which increase wireless throughput and the router’s range to reduce “dead spots” in the wireless coverage area
- Advanced security features keep your wireless network as secure as your wired network
- Rogue access-point detection scans your network for unauthorized, unsecure gateways into your protected contents
- Compatibility with devices that offer Power over Ethernet, simplifying the installation process and eliminating the need and cost of installing external power supplies
- Easy installation and configuration through a web interface